Friday 22 May 2009

Hurrah first post

Hello there,
SO first post, and what will it be about? Not much. This seems to me a rather random time to start a blog as i only have like 3?!?! weeks left untill the end of my second year at university but woah what a second year it has been.

A brief summery;
  • winning a competition with some fellow designers on my course to show our group collection, called Scandaravia, at a fashion show at Motion (in bristol). Tragically due to illness i wasn't actually there but we did get asked to make a 15 piece sale or return collection for a shop (hell yes).
  • Breaking my hand, a hindrance in every respect considering it was my right hand and i am right handed but it kind of helped with the project i am currently working on, Mexican day of the dead meets 1930's swimwear, when that is put in writing it seems a little odd but it works...i think.
  • Getting the go ahead for an exhibition at the Tobacco Factory (a bar/art space in Bedminster) showcasing young designers from U.W.E. Which is happening in Feb next year.
All in all its been pretty awesome, lots of fun has been had lots of stuff has been done and I intend to spend my summer making stuff and getting some ideas together for my final collection next year.

To end this excitingness before i post later with a load of knit samples scanned in on my scanner of pure undiluted evil check out my dress from Scandaravia, knitted on two, thats right two, kinds of knitting machine, it was potentially one of the most complicated things ever but i was pretty pleased with the outcome.

Photobucket

No comments: